09 Jul Buddy Cake Bites and Pops
Buddy Cakes can easily be made into cake bites and cake pops! These are great when you want a little bite of dessert, or want to do something fun like make a bunch of different flavored cake bites/pops for a party! These are a great way to have Buddy Cakes on the go when you don’t have access to a microwave or oven!
Each Buddy Cake Packet makes 6-8 cake bites or pops, depending on how big you like them.
BUDDY CAKE BITE BASICS
- Make any flavor of Buddy Cake as directed. Scoop cooked cake into shallow dish to completely cool.
- Squeeze in any flavor frosting to cooled cake and “moosh” all together so frosting is evenly distributed.
- If you want to add anything, do so! Chopped fruit, rice krispies, chocolate chips, just have fun!
- Roll cake mixture into small balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- FREEZE FOR 1 HOUR
- Dip frozen bites into melted chocolate and anything else you want and then place in fridge to harden!
BUDDY CAKE POPS
Follow directions above for Buddy Cake Bites but at step #4, insert cake pop stick into bite. It might need to be frozen for a bit to harden up and hold the stick in place.
THESE WERE A HIT AT A RECENT LARGE FAMILY EVENT!
“REECE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP” BITES – 1 Chocolate Fudge Buddy Cake + 2-3 Tblsp. Sunbutter
- In step #2 above, replace frosting with Sunbutter (melt for a few seconds to thin out and make it easier to mix)
2. In step #6 – dip in melted non-dairy milk chocolate
LEMONADE COCONUT CAKE BITES- 1 Lemonade Cake Mix + Lemonade Frosting + Shredded Coconut (toasted if possible)
- Make Lemonade Cake with Coconut Milk.
- In step #2 – Add in 2-3 Tblsp. shredded coconut.
- For step #6 – dip in melted white chocolate (non-dairy or regular) and roll again in more coconut.
FRESH STRAWBERRIES ‘n’ CREAM – 1 Very Vanilla Cake Mix + Summer Strawberry Frosting + Fresh chopped strawberries
- In step #2 – Add finely diced fresh strawberries
- These are delicious on their own (see picture below) or are even more decadent when dipped in melted white chocolate.